November 10, 2010

They'll start naming children after me...

I made a truly amazing discovery last night. 
I've decided to go on a uber low calorie diet until Thanksgiving. (I need to lose about 15lbs to fit into my Dickens costume)
I got home late last night, and in preparation had earlier asked my honey to go food shopping for me. I had decided to make my first low calorie meal and planned on pan grilled Talapia, steamed zucchini, steamed broccoli and a large tossed salad with Low Fat Catalina dressing. After everything made their way onto plates, I wandered around in the kitchen a little lost for a while, trying to decide how I would dress my veggies. I couldn't put butter on them as I normally would, I didn't think spices would quite cut it, and I'm so not into the whole drown everything in katsup theory. In a flash of inspiration and desperation I grabbed the bottle of spicy brown mustard and made a couple squirts onto my veggies. What a revelation. It was so tasty, and such a great compromise calorie wise. I can't tell you how excited I am. You should definitely try this with your dinner tonight...

No comments: