October 11, 2010

War Zone

This weekend was my sister's 40th birthday. It was a huge deal, live music, lots of alcohol and lots of food. Friday my kitchen was a complete war zone. I was making: a Peanut-Butter Chocolate Cheesecake, Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, Creamy Garlic Hummus, and Pita Chips. My Honey was brewing up huge batches of Chicken n Sausage Gumbo and Seafood Gumbo and my cousin and her Mark were up from LA for the party and were making "Cream Cheese Things" and Sage Corn Chowder. 
Now thankfully my kitchen is large enough to accommodate that many people and that many dishes. And on top of it my sister and two of our friends were hanging out as well rehearsing music for the next night. The kitchen was full to the max and smelled so amazing. 

I was pretty good about cleaning up as I went, but after most everyone had cleared out and there was only the chowder left simmering, I was able to hang with my cuz while my Jay cleaned everything up. I am not looking forward to leaving this kitchen behind when we move.

No comments: